Best viewed with:
3.0 or higher
A Foundation for Theological Education
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Email Address _________________________________________
Phone ( ) ______-___________
Marital Status: (Optional) Single____ Married____ Divorced_____ Widowed____
Child(ren)'s Name(s) and Age(s)_______________________
How long have you been a member of the United Methodist Church?_____________
Your Annual Conference_______________________________________________________________
Conference Relationship: Local Pastor_____ Deacon's Orders_____ Unordained_____ Conference Member_____ Member on trial_____ Not a member_____
College_______________ Major_______________ Degree_______________ Year____
Seminary_______________ Major_______________ Degree_______________ Year____
Other Formal Study_______________________________________________
|Languages||Some Exposure||Reading Knowledge||Passed Grad. Exam|
Major field of study_____________________________________________________
Possible dissertation topic______________________________________________
Do you plan to devote full time to academic studies?___________________
1. Income----------------------------------Total Amount: $___________
Amounts:2. Indebtedness----------------------------Total Amount: $____________
a. Other Scholarships____________
a. Student Loans____________
b. Credit Cards___________
c. Other Major Sources____________
1. Construct an outline of the theological affirmations you believe to be essential to the Christian faith and life. Comment briefly on each of them, including evidence of your commitment to the current Doctrinal Standards of the United Methodist Church -- understood as our Articles of Religion, Confession of Faith, General Rules, and Wesley's Standard Sermon and Explanatory Notes of the New Testament.
2. What are the principal issues, leading scholars, and primary schools of thought in your proposed field of study? What draws you to this field of study, and what contribution do you hope to make to this field?
3. Outline and briefly discuss the Wesleyan distinctives that you regard as especially important. How are they relevant to current theological issues, trends, etc.?
4. Describe your feelings about and your present involvement in the United Methodist Church (local and otherwise). How do you intend to use your gifts, graces, and academic expertise to witness for Christ and enrich the Church?
5. Write your spiritual autobiography, including your present areas of growth and struggle.
1. Recent Photograph.
2. College and Seminary Transcripts.
3. A copy of your GRE scores (Code #1136). The GRE is required of all applicants.
4. Reference letters from: two professors, one pastor, one layperson.
© Copyright 1998 Catalyst
This page was created by Clay McConnell